- 1 medium-sized butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into cubes
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into thick slices
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cut into thick slices
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (400°F) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the butternut squash, carrots, parsnips, red onion, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and broccoli.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, minced garlic, dried rosemary, dried thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle the olive oil mixture over the vegetables in the large bowl and toss well to coat all the veggies evenly.
- Spread the vegetables out in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and slightly caramelized, stirring once halfway through cooking.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Serve the roasted mixed vegetables as a side dish to accompany your favorite protein, such as grilled chicken or roasted salmon. They are also great tossed with cooked pasta or added to a grain bowl for a wholesome vegetarian meal.
Enjoy the flavorful combination of seasonal vegetables in this roasted dish, bringing out their natural sweetness and adding a touch of caramelization. It’s a simple and nutritious way to celebrate the best of what’s in season.