Why not try and make your own?
Recipe: Red Onion Marmalade
- 4 large red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sliced red onions and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they start to soften and caramelize.
- Add balsamic vinegar, red wine, brown sugar, salt, black pepper, and dried thyme (if using) to the skillet. Stir well to combine.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for about 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has evaporated, and the onions have turned jam-like and glossy.
- Remove from heat and let the red onion marmalade cool completely. Transfer it to a sterilized jar or airtight container.
- Store the red onion marmalade in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Serve it chilled or at room temperature.
Red Onion Marmalade
Marmalades are perfect for:
- Perfect addition to a sandwich
- Adding flavour to a salad
- Side for hot meat
- Perfect accompaniment to a cheese board
Marmalade : Energy 1181 kJ / 278 kcal, Fat Trace, Carbohydrates 69.3g of which sugars 67.9g, Protein Trace, Salt 0.0g
This product was made in a environment that uses celery, mustard and wheat flour