Recipe: Spicy Jerk Chicken with Scotch Bonnet Marinade
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Scotch Bonnet peppers, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl, combine the finely chopped Scotch Bonnet peppers, minced garlic, soy sauce, olive oil, brown sugar, thyme leaves, allspice, black pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt to create the marinade.
- Place the chicken breasts in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over them, ensuring they are fully coated. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight for maximum flavor.
- Preheat the grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Grill the marinated chicken breasts for about 6-8 minutes per side or until fully cooked, with an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Remove the chicken from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve the spicy jerk chicken with your favorite sides, such as rice and beans, plantains, or a refreshing salad.