Recipe: Garlic and Soy Glazed Shiitake Mushrooms
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free option)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey (or maple syrup for vegan option)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Optional toppings: toasted sesame seeds, chopped green onions
- In a bowl, whisk together soy sauce, olive oil, minced garlic, honey, rice vinegar, and sesame oil to make the glaze.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the shiitake mushrooms.
- Cook the mushrooms for about 4-5 minutes, until they start to brown and become tender.
- Pour the glaze over the mushrooms and stir to coat evenly.
- Continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes, until the glaze thickens and coats the mushrooms.
- Remove from heat and garnish with toasted sesame seeds and chopped green onions, if desired.
- Serve the garlic and soy glazed shiitake mushrooms as a flavorful side dish or add them to stir-fries, noodles, or rice bowls.