TOFU – ORGANIC
Ingredients: Water, Organically Grown SOYA Beans, Natural Nigari
Soil Association Organic status
NON – GM
Perfect as a meat or poultry replacement
Recipe: Teriyaki Tofu Stir-Fry
- 1 block of firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooked rice or noodles for serving
- Cut the pressed tofu into cubes and place them in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and cornstarch to make the marinade.
- Pour the marinade over the tofu cubes and gently toss to coat. Let it marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add minced garlic and grated ginger and sauté for a minute until fragrant.
- Add the marinated tofu to the skillet, reserving the marinade. Cook the tofu for 5-7 minutes, flipping occasionally, until it turns golden brown and crispy on all sides. Remove the tofu from the skillet and set it aside.
- In the same skillet, add bell pepper, carrot, and broccoli florets. Stir-fry for about 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Pour the reserved marinade over the vegetables and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Return the cooked tofu to the skillet and toss everything together to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the teriyaki tofu stir-fry over cooked rice or noodles and enjoy the delicious and nutritious meal.