Why not try and make your own?
Recipe: Homemade Blackcurrant Jam
- 4 cups blackcurrants
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- Rinse the blackcurrants and remove any stems. Place them in a large saucepan along with the granulated sugar, lemon juice, and water.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, increase the heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a rolling boil. Stir frequently to prevent sticking.
- As the blackcurrants heat up, they will release their juices and begin to thicken. Use a spoon or a potato masher to gently crush some of the berries and release their flavors.
- Continue boiling the mixture for about 15-20 minutes until it reaches the desired consistency. To test if the jam is ready, place a small amount on a chilled plate and tilt it. If the jam wrinkles and holds its shape, it is done.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and let the blackcurrant jam cool for a few minutes.
- Transfer the jam to sterilized jars and seal tightly. Allow the jars to cool completely before storing them in a cool, dark place. The jam can be refrigerated for several weeks.
Indulge in the fruity goodness of homemade blackcurrant jam, spreading its vibrant flavor on your favorite treats.