Recipe: Creamy Leek and Potato Soup
- 3 leeks, washed and sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup milk or heavy cream
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh chives, chopped (for garnish)
- In a large soup pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the sliced leeks to the pot and cook until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add the diced potatoes to the pot and stir well to combine with the leeks.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender.
- Using an immersion blender or a regular blender, puree the soup until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the milk or heavy cream and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Heat the soup gently until warmed through.
- Ladle the creamy leek and potato soup into bowls and garnish with chopped chives.
- Serve the soup hot and savor the comforting flavors.