Why not have a go at making your own?
Recipe: Rhubarb Chutney
- 4 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, combine the rhubarb, onion, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, raisins, crystallized ginger, mustard seeds, ground cinnamon, ground cloves, and salt.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chutney thickens and the rhubarb breaks down.
- Remove from heat and let the chutney cool. It will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Transfer the rhubarb chutney to sterilized jars and seal tightly. Store in the refrigerator for up to a month.
Enjoy the tangy and aromatic flavors of this homemade rhubarb chutney, perfect for enhancing your favorite dishes.