Recipe: Butter Lettuce Salad with Herbed Vinaigrette
- 1 head of butter lettuce, leaves separated and washed
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cucumber, sliced
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- Fresh herbs (such as basil, parsley, or chives), chopped
- For the herbed vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the butter lettuce leaves, cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, red onion slices, and fresh herbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, salt, and pepper to make the herbed vinaigrette.
- Drizzle the herbed vinaigrette over the salad and toss gently to coat the ingredients.
- Serve the butter lettuce salad as a light and refreshing side dish or as a base for grilled chicken or seafood.