Recipe: Sautéed Garlic Swiss Chard
- 1 bunch of chard, leaves and stems separated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges (optional, for serving)
- Wash the chard leaves and stems thoroughly. Separate the stems from the leaves and chop them into small pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the chard stems to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes until slightly softened.
- Tear the chard leaves into bite-sized pieces and add them to the skillet. Sauté for an additional 3-4 minutes until the leaves are wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- Serve the sautéed chard as a side dish or as a base for a grain bowl. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the chard before serving, if desired.