Recipe: Grapefruit Avocado Salad
- 2 grapefruits
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- Mixed salad greens
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the grapefruits and remove the segments. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the mixed salad greens, avocado slices, red onion slices, and grapefruit segments.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and gently toss to combine.
- Sprinkle fresh cilantro on top.
- Serve the refreshing grapefruit avocado salad as a light and vibrant appetizer or side dish.