Recipe: Gooseberry Crumble
- 2 cups fresh gooseberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (adjust according to taste and sweetness of gooseberries)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the gooseberries and granulated sugar. Toss to coat the berries evenly.
- Transfer the gooseberries to a baking dish and spread them out in an even layer.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, chilled butter cubes, rolled oats, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon. Use your fingertips or a pastry cutter to mix the ingredients until they resemble coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture evenly over the gooseberries.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes or until the crumble topping is golden brown and the gooseberries are soft and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve the gooseberry crumble warm, topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream if desired.