Recipe: Lemon Garlic Roasted Chicken
- 1 whole chicken (approximately 4-5 pounds)
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Rinse the chicken thoroughly and pat it dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, lemon zest, minced garlic, olive oil, chopped rosemary, salt, and pepper. Mix well to create a marinade.
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan or baking dish. Rub the marinade mixture all over the chicken, ensuring it is evenly coated.
- If desired, stuff the cavity of the chicken with additional lemon slices and sprigs of rosemary.
- Roast the chicken in the preheated oven for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C) and the skin is golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before carving.
- Serve the lemon garlic roasted chicken with your favorite side dishes and enjoy the flavorful and juicy meat.