Recipe: Rhubarb Crumble
- 4 cups rhubarb, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, for serving (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and lightly grease a baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the rhubarb, granulated sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice. Mix well to coat the rhubarb evenly.
- In a separate bowl, prepare the crumble topping. Combine the flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon. Use your fingers or a fork to mix the ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Transfer the rhubarb mixture to the greased baking dish and spread it evenly. Sprinkle the crumble topping over the rhubarb, covering it completely.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes or until the rhubarb is tender and the crumble topping is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Serve the rhubarb crumble warm, optionally accompanied by vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.