Recipe: Pomegranate Salad
- 1 medium-sized pomegranate
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the pomegranate in half horizontally. Hold one half over a bowl, cut side down, and tap the back with a wooden spoon to release the arils. Repeat with the other half.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the mixed salad greens, pomegranate arils, crumbled feta cheese, and toasted walnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the extra-virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine.
- Serve the pomegranate salad immediately as a refreshing and nutritious side dish or light meal.