Recipe: Lime Cilantro Chicken Tacos
- 1 lb (450g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
- Juice of 2 limes
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tortillas and toppings of your choice (e.g., avocado, salsa, sour cream)
- In a bowl, combine the lime juice, lime zest, minced garlic, olive oil, chopped cilantro, salt, and pepper. Mix well to create the marinade.
- Add the sliced chicken breasts to the marinade and toss until they are evenly coated. Allow the chicken to marinate for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the marinated chicken strips and cook for about 5-7 minutes or until they are cooked through and nicely browned.
- Warm the tortillas according to package instructions.
- Assemble the tacos by placing the cooked chicken strips on the tortillas and topping them with your desired toppings, such as avocado, salsa, sour cream, and additional cilantro.
- Serve the lime cilantro chicken tacos warm and enjoy the zesty and flavorful combination.