Recipe: Golden Delicious Apple Crisp
- 4-5 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced Golden Delicious apples with 1/4 cup of brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Toss well to coat the apples evenly.
- In another bowl, mix together the rolled oats, all-purpose flour, remaining brown sugar, melted butter, remaining ground cinnamon, and salt. Stir until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Spread the coated apples evenly in the greased baking dish. Sprinkle the oat topping over the apples, covering them completely.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until the apples are tender and the topping is golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.