Recipe: Orange and Arugula Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1/4 cup sliced red onions
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds
- For the Citrus Vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the arugula, orange segments, sliced red onions, crumbled feta cheese, and toasted almonds.
- In a small jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the freshly squeezed orange juice, extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt, and black pepper. Close the lid tightly and shake vigorously to emulsify the dressing.
- Drizzle the citrus vinaigrette over the salad ingredients and toss gently to coat.
- Divide the orange and arugula salad into individual serving plates or bowls.
- Serve immediately and enjoy the vibrant flavors and contrasting textures of this refreshing salad.