Recipe: Grilled Red Plum Salad with Arugula and Goat Cheese
- 4 red plums, pitted and halved
- 4 cups arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Brush the red plum halves with a little olive oil and place them on the grill, cut side down. Grill for about 3-4 minutes until slightly charred.
- Remove the plums from the grill and let them cool for a few minutes. Slice them into wedges.
- In a large bowl, combine the arugula leaves, grilled plum wedges, crumbled goat cheese, and toasted sliced almonds.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the remaining olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper to create the dressing.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine.
- Serve the grilled red plum salad as a refreshing and flavorful appetizer or side dish.