Recipe: Braburn Apple Crumble
- 4-5 Braburn apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into small cubes
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream (optional, for serving)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl, toss the sliced Braburn apples with lemon juice, granulated sugar, and ground cinnamon until well coated.
- Transfer the coated apples into a baking dish and spread them out evenly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon. Mix well.
- Add the cold cubed butter to the flour mixture and use your fingers or a pastry cutter to blend it until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture evenly over the apples in the baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and the apples are tender.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- Serve the Braburn apple crumble warm, optionally topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.