Recipe: Jalapeno Poppers
- 12 jalapeno peppers
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and membranes. This step can be done using gloves to protect your hands from the heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into each jalapeno half and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs with a pinch of salt and pepper. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the stuffed jalapenos.
- Lightly spray the jalapeno poppers with cooking spray to help them brown and crisp in the oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the jalapenos are tender and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving. Enjoy the jalapeno poppers as a spicy appetizer or snack.