Recipe: Little Gem Lettuce Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- 2 heads of Little Gem lettuce, washed and dried
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- For the Lemon Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the Little Gem lettuce heads in half lengthwise, keeping the leaves intact. Arrange them on a serving platter.
- In a bowl, combine the cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, feta cheese, and fresh dill. Toss gently to mix.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper to make the lemon vinaigrette.
- Drizzle the lemon vinaigrette over the Little Gem lettuce halves. Top with the tomato-cucumber mixture and sprinkle with additional dill, if desired.
- Serve the Little Gem lettuce salad immediately as a refreshing side dish or light lunch option.