Recipe: Oak Leaf Lettuce Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
- 1 bunch oak leaf lettuce, washed and dried
- 1 orange, segmented
- 1 grapefruit, segmented
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- For the citrus vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tear the oak leaf lettuce into bite-sized pieces and place them in a large salad bowl.
- Add the orange and grapefruit segments to the bowl, along with the sliced almonds and crumbled goat cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, grapefruit juice, honey, olive oil, salt, and pepper to make the citrus vinaigrette.
- Drizzle the citrus vinaigrette over the salad and gently toss to coat the ingredients evenly.
- Serve the oak leaf lettuce salad immediately as a refreshing and nutritious side dish or a light main course.