Recipe: Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C). Place the whole red peppers on a baking sheet and roast them in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until the skin is blistered and charred.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and transfer them to a bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the peppers steam for about 10 minutes. This will make it easier to peel off the skin.
- Once the peppers have cooled, peel off the skin, remove the seeds, and chop the flesh.
- In a food processor, combine the roasted red peppers, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, minced garlic, ground cumin, paprika, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning as desired. If the hummus is too thick, add a little water or extra olive oil to achieve the desired consistency.
- Transfer the roasted red pepper hummus to a serving bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika for garnish.
- Serve with pita bread, crackers, or fresh vegetable sticks for dipping.