Recipe: Spicy Thai Basil Chicken
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 long red chillies, sliced diagonally
- 500g boneless chicken thighs, sliced
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup fresh Thai basil leaves
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the minced garlic and sliced long red chillies to the hot oil. Stir-fry for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the sliced chicken thighs to the wok and stir-fry until cooked through.
- In a small bowl, combine the oyster sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, and sugar. Mix well.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the cooked chicken in the wok. Stir-fry for another minute to coat the chicken evenly.
- Remove the wok from the heat and add the fresh Thai basil leaves. Toss gently until the basil leaves wilt.
- Serve the spicy Thai basil chicken over steamed rice or with noodles for a satisfyingly spicy and flavorful meal.