Recipe: Red Onion and Balsamic Glazed Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley or basil, chopped (for garnish)
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the sliced red onions and cook until softened and lightly caramelized, about 5-7 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and add balsamic vinegar and honey to the skillet. Stir to combine and coat the onions.
- Return the chicken breasts to the skillet, nestling them among the onions. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Remove the skillet from heat and garnish with fresh parsley or basil.
- Serve the chicken breasts with the glazed red onions on top.