Recipe: Roasted Fennel with Parmesan Cheese
- 2 fennel bulbs, trimmed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the sliced fennel bulbs on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the fennel to coat it evenly with the oil and seasoning.
- Roast in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes or until the fennel is tender and lightly caramelized.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese over the roasted fennel. Return to the oven for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
- Serve as a side dish or as a topping for salads, pasta, or grain bowls.