Recipe: Stuffed Green Peppers
- 4 green peppers
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Cut the tops off the green peppers and remove the seeds and membranes.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the ground beef and onion, and cook until the beef is browned and the onion is softened.
- Stir in the cooked rice, tomato sauce, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until well combined.
- Stuff the green peppers with the beef and rice mixture. Place them in a baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove the foil, sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over the stuffed peppers, and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.