Recipe: Spicy Okra Stir-Fry
- 1 pound okra, washed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder (adjust to taste)
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- Cut the okra into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan or wok over medium heat. Add the sliced onions and minced garlic. Sauté until the onions turn translucent.
- Add the okra to the pan and stir-fry for about 5 minutes until they start to become tender.
- Sprinkle cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt over the okra. Stir well to coat the okra evenly with the spices.
- Continue cooking for another 5-7 minutes, or until the okra is cooked through but still retains some crispness.
- Remove from heat and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.
- Serve the spicy okra stir-fry as a side dish or pair it with steamed rice or bread for a satisfying meal.