Recipe: Classic Baked Potato
- 4 large russet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: butter, sour cream, cheddar cheese, chives, bacon bits
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Wash and scrub the potatoes thoroughly, removing any dirt.
- Pat the potatoes dry, then pierce them several times with a fork to allow steam to escape during baking.
- Rub each potato with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the potatoes directly on the oven rack or on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Bake for approximately 50-60 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and the skins are crispy.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and allow them to cool for a few minutes.
- Slice the potatoes lengthwise, being careful not to cut them all the way through.
- Fluff the insides with a fork and add your desired toppings, such as butter, sour cream, cheese, chives, or bacon bits.
- Serve the baked potatoes hot and enjoy their comforting goodness!