Recipe: Cavolo Nero and White Bean Soup
- 1 bunch of Cavolo Nero, stems removed and leaves chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can of white beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional, for garnish)
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion and minced garlic and sauté until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the chopped Cavolo Nero leaves to the pot and cook until they wilt and reduce in volume.
- Add the white beans, vegetable broth, dried thyme, salt, and pepper to the pot. Stir well to combine.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 20 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Remove the pot from heat and use an immersion blender to partially blend the soup, leaving some chunky texture.
- Serve the Cavolo Nero and white bean soup hot, garnished with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.