Recipe: Caramelized Banana Shallot and Thyme Pasta
- 4 banana shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 8 ounces pasta (of your choice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional, for serving)
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sliced banana shallots and cook until they become soft and caramelized, stirring occasionally (about 10-12 minutes).
- Add minced garlic and fresh thyme leaves to the skillet and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet with the caramelized shallots and gently toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the caramelized banana shallot and thyme pasta with a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.