Recipe: Fried Padron Peppers
- 1 pound Padron peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse sea salt, to taste
- Rinse the Padron peppers under cold water and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the Padron peppers to the hot pan and cook them for about 5 minutes, tossing occasionally, until they blister and char slightly.
- Remove the peppers from the heat and transfer them to a serving plate.
- Sprinkle the fried Padron peppers generously with coarse sea salt.
- Serve the peppers immediately as a tasty appetizer or side dish.
- Padron Pepper 500-2,500 Scoville Units
A Top tip for cooking
- Grab a pan and pour in some Teds Veg Rape Seed Oil
- Rinse your peppers and dry well, do not remove the stalks
- As the pan starts to sizzle, add a generous amount of Padron Peppers
- As the peppers start to blister away nicely, add some crushed sea salt for added flavour!
- Cooking time should be around 10-15 minutes, until the peppers becomes soft to touch and a little deflated.
- Place in a bowl and enjoy as a side dish or snack.
- Grab the peppers using the stalks and pull the flesh away in one mouthful.