Recipe: Roasted Bunched Beetroot with Goat Cheese and Walnuts
- 4 bunched beetroots, washed and trimmed (leaving about an inch of the stems intact)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Fresh parsley or dill, chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the bunched beetroots on a baking sheet. Drizzle them with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
- Roast the beetroots in the preheated oven for about 40-45 minutes or until tender. Check for doneness by inserting a fork into the beetroots; they should be easily pierced.
- Once roasted, remove the beetroots from the oven and let them cool slightly. Once cool enough to handle, peel off the skin using your fingers or a small knife. The skin should come off easily.
- Slice the roasted beetroots into rounds or wedges and arrange them on a serving platter.
- Sprinkle the crumbled goat cheese and chopped walnuts over the beetroots.
- Garnish with fresh parsley or dill.
- Serve as a side dish or as part of a salad.