Recipe: Roasted Butternut Squash with Maple Glaze
- 1 medium-sized butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh thyme leaves for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, maple syrup, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well blended.
- Add the cubed butternut squash to the bowl and toss to coat evenly with the maple glaze.
- Transfer the coated squash cubes to the prepared baking sheet, spreading them out in a single layer.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the squash is tender and lightly caramelized, stirring once halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Garnish with fresh thyme leaves before serving.