Recipe: Grilled Green Courgette with Lemon and Parmesan
- 2 medium green courgettes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil leaves (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Trim the ends of the courgettes and slice them lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick strips.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Brush both sides of the courgette slices with the olive oil mixture.
- Place the courgette slices on the preheated grill and cook for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until grill marks appear and the courgettes are tender.
- Remove the grilled courgette slices from the grill and transfer them to a serving platter.
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over the courgettes while they are still warm, allowing it to melt slightly.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves if desired.
- Serve the grilled green courgette with lemon and Parmesan as a delightful side dish or as a flavorful addition to salads and pasta dishes.