Recipe: Pea and Mint Soup
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: croutons, yogurt, or fresh mint leaves
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, and sauté until the onion becomes translucent and fragrant.
- Add the peas and vegetable broth to the pot. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the peas are tender.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Using an immersion blender or a regular blender, puree the soup until smooth and creamy.
- Return the pot to the stove and heat the soup over low heat. Stir in the fresh mint leaves and season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for an additional 2-3 minutes to infuse the flavors.
- Serve the pea and mint soup hot, garnished with croutons, a dollop of yogurt, or fresh mint leaves, if desired.