Recipe: Lemon Rosemary Roasted Chicken
- 1 whole chicken, approximately 4 pounds
- Fresh rosemary sprigs
- 2 lemons, juiced and zested
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Rinse the chicken and pat it dry with paper towels. Place it in a roasting pan or baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, lemon zest, minced garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Rub the mixture all over the chicken, ensuring it is evenly coated.
- Place fresh rosemary sprigs in the cavity of the chicken and scatter some on top.
- Roast the chicken in the preheated oven for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C) and the skin is golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before carving.