Recipe: Runner Bean Stir-Fry
- 1 pound runner beans, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup (optional)
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the minced garlic and stir-fry for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the sliced onion and red bell pepper to the skillet and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until slightly softened.
- Add the runner beans to the skillet and continue to stir-fry for another 3-4 minutes until the beans are crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, oyster sauce (if using), and honey or maple syrup (if using).
- Pour the sauce over the stir-fried vegetables and toss to coat evenly. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes to heat through.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with sesame seeds for garnish.
- Serve the runner bean stir-fry as a side dish or with steamed rice for a complete meal.