Recipe: Sage Butter Roasted Chicken
- 1 whole chicken, approximately 4 pounds
- 6-8 fresh sage leaves
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Rinse the chicken and pat it dry with paper towels. Place it in a roasting pan or baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the softened butter, minced garlic, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Carefully loosen the skin of the chicken by gently sliding your fingers between the skin and the breast meat. Place the sage leaves under the skin, distributing them evenly.
- Rub the butter mixture all over the chicken, making sure to coat it thoroughly.
- Stuff the cavity of the chicken with the lemon wedges.
- Place the chicken in the preheated oven and roast for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C) and the juices run clear.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for about 10 minutes before carving.