Recipe: Lemon and Thyme Roasted Chicken
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 lemons, sliced
- A handful of fresh thyme sprigs
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Rinse the chicken and pat it dry with paper towels. Place it in a roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the minced garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Rub this mixture all over the chicken, both on the skin and inside the cavity.
- Stuff the cavity of the chicken with the lemon slices and fresh thyme sprigs.
- Tie the legs together with kitchen twine to hold the shape of the chicken.
- Place the chicken in the preheated oven and roast for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C) and the skin is golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before carving.
- Serve the lemon and thyme roasted chicken with your favorite side dishes and enjoy!