Recipe: Turmeric Golden Milk
- 1 cup milk (dairy or plant-based)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon honey or sweetener of choice (optional)
- A pinch of black pepper (enhances the absorption of curcumin, the active compound in turmeric)
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
- Add the ground turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, and black pepper to the milk. Whisk well to combine.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer the mixture for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and strain the mixture to remove any remaining solids.
- If desired, sweeten the golden milk with honey or your preferred sweetener.
- Pour the golden milk into a mug and enjoy it warm.
Note: Feel free to adjust the quantities of turmeric and other spices based on your preference and taste.